So as I mentioned last time this is still kind of a pre-week before the real work, but that doesn’t mean I’m not training hard. Today I had legs and butt and while doing lunges I felt like dying – but it was so good! My legs were seriously shaking afterwards. It burnt, but right now at the end of the day I feel like it still wasn’t enough – I can “feel” meg legs, but they don’t hurt as much as I expected. But!
A really important thing about working out -as I wrote a few months ago- is keeping accurate track of what you’re doing. So even though I didn’t have an exact plan for today, just the bodyparts given, I grabbed my phone every time to save the exercises with detailed information. So this is how my workout looked today (after running about 2 kms on the treadmill, unfortunately I don’t have the data about that one)
- Barbell squats – 5+5 kg (on each side) – 5 sets x 15 reps (fast and powerful!)
- Dumbell forward lunges – 6+6 kg – 4 sets x 3 reps of 8 pulsing
- Dumbell reverse lunges – 6+6 kg – 4 sets x 8 reps
- Leg press – 58.5 kg – 4 sets x 12 reps
- Calf raises – 58.5 kg – 4 sets x 15 reps
- Hip extensions (straight leg) – 3 sets x 20 reps each leg
- Hip extensions (bent knee) – 3 sets x 20 reps + 20 pulsing
- Hip abduction – 40.5 kg – 3 sets x 12 reps + 30 pulsing
After gym I just jumped into one of these convinient stores around here – I wanted to buy something at least relatively high in protein and low in calories, so I thought I’d grab some kinda yoghurt or so. I found this thing, actually looked like yoghurt or some kinda pudding with good nutrition facts, so I decided to get that one. EWW! It was NOT a yoghurt, I have no idea what it actually could have been, but it was gross. It had chicken and veggies in it which sounds good but that white jelly thing they were in… I somehow managed to eat it but it didn’t feel good at all! But at least the vitamin drink which I also got was good:) I try to pay attention to vitamins and vital minerals by drinking these kinda drinks or these fizzy tablets (no idea about the English name, sorry:/ ) because it really is vital to regain them after a hard workout!