Tomorrow is the very first day of spring break! That means one week ok no classes, though I will still have to go to work on tuesdays and fridays. However, I want to get the most out of this extra free time! My plans?
- Hiking! Well, if the weather gets better and it finally stops raining I would love to go hiking! I already found a 11 km long trail, they say it takes about 4 hours and has a gorgeous view!
- Flea market! There is a big flea market in town, I haven’t got to see yet. It’s a bit further from the city center, but I agreed with my dad and he said he would take me by car. I love these places, with things full of history – and sometimes you can really get awesome stuff for such a low price.
- Read! I love reading books, but during the semester I have so many books and studies I have to read for classes, that a lot of time I don’t get to read the books I actually want to read. So this is my time! Perfect plan B by the way in case it continues raining: I can just curl up in my armchair under the blanket with a cup of hot peppermint tea and read. I just started reading a new book, I have read only three chapters so far but I really like it already. What is it? Hillary Rodham Clinton: Hard Choices. In her new book she tells her story starting fron the time she lost the primary election to Barack Obama in 2008 but became Secretary of State soon after. It is so inrtiguing to get an insider look on how the high level governmental processes work in the US. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in politics.
- Explore! My city is full of amazing cafés, more and more with time and there are so many of them that I haven’t seen yet. So now that I have more time I want to explore a few more of these. That also makes a great opportunity for meeting my friends, treat my mom or just to have some me time – relax, read and enjoy a good cup of coffee.
- Run! And work out of course. If the weather allows me, I will try to go running in the mornings to complement my weight lifting workouts in the gym in the evening. I want to lose body fat anyways, so an increased amount of cardio will help for sure.
That’s it for now. Anyways, one week is not such a long time, but I will really try to get the best out of it! But I hope I can get a good rest and enjoy this time – together with my friends and family.
What are your plans for the spring break?