I am the kind of person, who makes lists for every occasion. I have a tendency to forget lots of things, so I like to be prepared. It’s not surprise then that I did the same when preparing for heading to the race on Tuesday. These are just a few things that I find important not to forget about:
- Running shoesYes, I am totally serious. After leaving to the gym without taking my shoes with me, this was the first thing on my list that I checked at least three times – followed by the clothes. I had neon yellow Nike shorts and sportsbra paired with a simple black top and my pink Adidas running shoes. They are so light, I love them!
- SunscreenProtecting your skin is crucial. Even if there is no direct sunlight, your skin is exposed to the UV rays, so make sure to use sunscreen! I use Eucerin’s Sun Fluid 50SPF+ that is waterproof and sweatproof and works great on my face, and a regular 30SPF sunscreen for my body. Yes, I wanna be tan for the summer too, but health comes first!
If you are still not convinced, check out this jaw-dropping video below:
- SunglassesWell, this one is optional, depends on how well your eyes tolerate sunshine and also I can imagine that it might be bothering for some, but I have pretty sensitive eyes, so I decided to wear sunglasses during the race. Actually I was so focused on the route and on my breathing that they didn’t bother me at all
- SupplementsSince my main reason for running is doing cardio and thus burning fat, I didn’t want to miss the chance at the race either. So I took 1000mg L-Carnitine 30 mins before the race to maximize my fat burn. But recovery and protecting your muscles is also important, so I took aminos after the race and before going to sleep too to make sure my recovery process goes fine. A lot of people are afraid of supplements, because they immadiately think of the way-too-big bodybuilder guys, but they are actually helping a lot, you just have to know how to take them. If you are not sure, you can always ask your personal trainer who will be able to help for sure!
- MusicA good playlist is crucial for me when running. According to my experiences, a poor choice of music can ruin my whole run. Before I was listening to a playlist my boyfriend made me, but when I knew every second of it by heart already, I knew it was time to change – and that’s when I created that Running Playlist I posted a while ago. I’ve been listening to that for a few weeks now and I love it! Oh and thinking about myself again: music means you cannot leave your earphones at home either! (Been there, done that.)
- TomTom RunnerEver since I got it, I never go running without my beloved TomTom Runner GPS watch. Some of you were asking what apps I used – I used the watch and as I connect it to my computer later, it automatically uploads all the data to TomTom’s MySports website and also to MapMyFitness.com. I used mapmyfitness’ app for my mobile before I got the watch which allows you almost the same stats, but you’ll have to have your phone with you during your run. So if you’re looking for a good app for running, I can highly recommend MapMyFitness!
I think these were the most important thing without which I couldn’t have done the race! And of course the support of bae and my friends, who couldn’t come but their cheering messages welcomed me when I looked at my phone after the race, which really meant a lot! ♡