Having a sweet tooth and trying to eat clean is not a really good combination. However, it usually encourages me to get more creative, to try and create new recipes and sometimes I end up with delicious and healthy desserts. Just like today when I made this Bounty (chocolate and coconut) Protein Mousse! Yumms!
I was actually playing around with my favourite ingredients, but it turned out great! First I just wanted to mix cottage cheese with chocolate protein powder but then I started adding more and more things until it felt perfect. It was super easy to make, I just mixed everything in a bowl with a spoon, no electric mixer needed.
- 125 g cottage cheese
- 100 g plain yoghurt
- 1/2 serving chocolate-coconut protein powder (I used Scitec Nutrition’s 100% Whey Professional)
- 2-3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a few pieces of dark chocolate as topping
It has no added sugar, it’s low-carb and has about 30g of protein! Perfect post-workout snack, or just anytime you feel like eating something sweet but don’t want to feel guilty afterwards. I really encourage you all to try this one, it’s just too good to miss out on!